As a center of innovation, we will practice what we preach and try to be as creative as we can during this difficult time to keep our community thriving. We hope to maintain the connections that make The Garage so special. For the latest updates regarding university-wide efforts, please visit Northwestern’s COVID-19/Coronavirus updates website.
Based on current university wide guidelines in place, only individuals who are essential to Northwestern’s ongoing operations can remain physically on site. 24/7 access to The Garage will be revoked for all students and EIRs for both The Garage in Evanston and The Sardine Bar. Staff will continue to work remotely as we closely monitor news surrounding COVID-19/Coronavirus. We will take direction from university leadership regarding re-opening when a decision is made on April 17.
Is The Garage open?
- No. The big garage door will be down until further notice, limiting access to our space for the safety and health of our community. Only individuals who are essential to Northwestern’s ongoing operations can remain physically on site at this time. We have moved many of our operations and events to an online format to accommodate our community during this closure.
- We have revoked 24/7 access via Wildcard to The Garage.
- Experts, mentors, entrepreneurs-in-residence, volunteers, Office Hours providers, etc. are asked to work off-site.
- In-person tours are not being offered at this time.
Is The Sardine Bar open?
- No. Currently only individuals who are essential to Northwestern’s ongoing operations can remain physically on site. We have revoked 24/7 access via Wildcard to The Sardine Bar. We have moved many of our operations and events online.
Will The Garage still hold events?
- Yes! We have moved many of our events to an online format. Please check The Garage Events page for an updated list of upcoming virtual events.
Is The Garage SF open?
- To adhere to university guidelines and ensure all member of our community are safe and healthy, the physical space in SF is currently closed, however, we are still engaging with our alumni based in SF virtually.
Is The Garage still offering Office Hours?
- Yes! We will still be offering Office Hours in a virtual format. Please check our Office Hours page to see what’s coming up. We’ve confirmed that all students, alumni, staff, and EIRs will still be available for virtual Office Hours.
Is VentureCat still happening?
- Yes! VentureCat 2020 will be held virtually unless on-campus events can resume by May 20. Please RSVP here to be notified of event-day details. We will livestream a public showcase event if we cannot be on campus.
Is Wildfire still happening?
- Yes! As of now, we plan to proceed with an in-person Wildfire program in Evanston this summer. Check back on the Wildfire page for updated information.
Will I get updates from The Garage?
- If you are a member of The Garage community, please check our website and your email regularly for communications from The Garage. Residents, Tinkerers, members of The Sardine Bar, and EIRs will retain access to Slack, where we will be posting updates regularly for our community and encourage you to ask questions.
As our situation changes and evolves, we look forward to working together in new and innovative ways. If you have any questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org