The Propel Program
Launched in 2018, The Propel Program provides networking, mentorship, and immersive learning experiences that promote diversity and inclusion in entrepreneurship. Full-time, female students can apply for the program, which is made possible by generous donors.
The Propel Program includes:
Up to $1,000 to spend on an entrepreneurial project.
One-on-one mentorship with accomplished professionals.
Invitations to networking events throughout the year.
An annual showcase at which select participants present their projects.
A trip to New York City to meet women business leaders.
40% of US businesses are owned by women. However, less than 10% of venture-backed companies have a female founder and only 2.8% of venture capital went to all-female founding teams. The Garage is committed to supporting underrepresented entrepreneurs. In 2018, The Garage launched the Propel program to support female students. In 2020, The Garage launched Blacktivate to promote diversity and inclusion in entrepreneurship for Black Northwestern students.
- STUDENTS DEVELOP AT-HOME DNA TEST WITH PRIVACY IN MIND
- VIRTUAL PROPEL SHOWCASE 2020
- PROPEL 2020 KICKOFF
- PROPEL + NYC 2019
- PROPEL SHOWCASE: THE WRAP UP
- GREEN IS THE NEW BLACK: TWO NORTHWESTERN STUDENTS HOPE TO CLEAN UP THE FASHION INDUSTRY
- PROPEL PROGRAM ELEVATES YOUNG FEMALE ENTREPRENEURS
- LUX, A REMEDY TO THE PAINS OF WAKING UP
- PROPEL 2019
- BIG 10 FEATURES PROPEL
- NEW PROGRAM EMPOWERS NEXT GENERATION OF FEMALE ENTREPRENEURS
- STEVE AND KATHERINE ELMS ESTABLISH PROGRAM PROMOTING DIVERSITY IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Applications are closed.