Co-Founders of Eat Pak’d, the first recipient of NUseeds funding. Rebecca Sholiton KSM ’16, Nathan Cooper KSM ’17, and Kara O'Dempsey.
NUseeds is Northwestern’s $4M pre-seed/seed investment fund. The funding comes from philanthropic donations to Northwestern, and is intended to accelerate the successful launch of innovations from NU students and finance the most promising early-stage student ventures. We look for teams who have an outsized vision and would benefit materially from incremental financial support. NUseeds writes checks is the $10,000 - $100,000 range in exchange for equity.
Applicants are required to have:
- Participated in The Garage Residency Program.
- Established product-market fit.
- Entered a growth phase of the company.
Interested student founders should email to Melissa Kaufman, Executive Director of The Garage with the following:
- Executive one-pager on the venture
- Pitch deck
- Financial details including a cap table and other investors participating in the round
- Timing of when the round is closing
- Statement from the founder on the current state of the business
Teams are vetted by the NUseeds External Investment Committee: