Updated April 24, 2020
As a center of innovation, we will practice what we preach and try to be as creative as we can during this time to keep our community thriving. We hope to maintain the connections that make The Garage so special. For the latest updates regarding university-wide efforts, please visit Northwestern’s COVID-19/Coronavirus updates website.
Based on current university wide guidelines in place, only individuals who are essential to Northwestern’s ongoing operations can remain physically on site, while operations including student coursework have moved online for the remainder of the spring quarter and the summer. 24/7 access to The Garage will be revoked for all students and EIRs for both The Garage in Evanston and The Sardine Bar during this time in an effort to keep everyone safe. Staff will continue to work remotely, but are available during regular business hours M-F. Per direction from the university, The Garage will remain virtual for the rest of the academic year and the summer.
Is The Garage open?
- No. The big garage is down, limiting access to our space for the safety and health of our community. Only individuals who are essential to Northwestern’s ongoing operations can remain physically on site at this time. We have moved many of our operations and events to a virtual format to accommodate our community during this closure.
- We have removed 24/7 access via Wildcard to The Garage for all students.
- Experts, mentors, Entrepreneurs-in-Residence, volunteers, Office Hours providers, etc. are asked to work off-site.
- In-person tours are not being offered at this time. Check out our video walk through of The Garage!
Is The Sardine Bar open?
- No. Currently, only individuals who are essential to Northwestern’s ongoing operations can remain physically on site. We have revoked 24/7 access via Wildcard to The Sardine Bar for all students and EIRs. We have moved many of our operations and events online.
Is The Garage still holding events?
- Yes! We have moved many of our events to a virtual format. Please check The Garage Events page for an updated list of upcoming virtual events.
Is The Garage SF open?
- To adhere to university guidelines and ensure all member of our community are safe and healthy, the physical space in SF is currently closed and The Garage SF EIRs are working off-site, however, we are still engaging with our alumni based in SF virtually through newsletters and events. To learn more about The Garage SF, click here.
Is The Garage still offering Office Hours?
- Yes! We are still offering Office Hours in a virtual format with our incredible network of students, alumni, staff, and EIRs. Please check our Office Hours page to see what’s coming up. We’ve confirmed that all students, alumni, staff, and EIRs listed on The Garage website will still be available for virtual Office Hours.
Is VentureCat still happening?
- Yes! VentureCat 2020 will be held virtually, and we will live stream the Public Showcase via Zoom. We are so excited to continue to support student founded startups! Please RSVP here to be notified of event-day details and live stream access points.
Is Wildfire still happening?
- Yes! As of now, we plan to proceed with a remote Wildfire program this summer. Check the Wildfire page for more updated information.
Will I get updates from The Garage?
- If you are a member of The Garage community, please check our website and your email regularly for communications from The Garage. Residents, Tinkerers, members of The Sardine Bar, and EIRs will retain access to Slack, where we will be posting updates regularly for our community and encourage you to ask questions.
As our situation changes and evolves, we look forward to working together in new and innovative ways. If you have any questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com